Ultrasound refers to any sound pressure wave with a repetition frequency greater than 20 kHz. The characteristics of ultrasound, especially around 40 kHz are particularly interesting for inspectors listening for symptoms of assets failure.
Ultrasound data collectors are very useful to detect, measure and analyze Friction & Impacting in mechanical systems. Turbulent flow from compressed air and steam leaks helps to identify costly energy waste.
Applications of Ultrasound technology:
- Mechanical Condition Monitoring
- Bearing Lubrication Monitoring
- Compressed Air & Gas Leak Detection
- Electrical Equipment Fault Detection
- Steam Trap Testing & Maintenance
- Hydraulic Systems & Maintenance
- Valve Condition Monitoring
- Underground Tanks Tightness Testing